Monday, October 20, 2014

Some recent items

I've been busy preparing for Halloween and haven't had a chance to take pictures of some of my favorite finds from this week, but I have found so many great items recently that I still have plenty to share.

I shared this one on Instagram earlier this week.  It's a vintage Spartaflex camera - I wish it had the flash bulb, but I think it looks great in my dining room anyway.   The Kokeshi dolls were found a few months ago at an epic estate sale where I picked up a treasure trove of vintage Japanese items.  I haven't had a chance to sort and photograph those items yet, but I will share as soon as I do. 


 
In the background of the photo above are some prints from a gallery wall that I recently put up. The images come from a set of reproduction antique prints from the Museum of Natural History.  Here is a shot of how the wall looks - it's not the best angle, but you get the idea. 
 
 
Next up are some other recent finds:

From left to right are a footed planter or bowl , a vintage Raymor vase, a wonderful painting of a girl in a red dress, a floral painting, and a stack of vintage coffee tins. 
 
Here's a closeup of the planter/bowl:
 
I don't know the designer, but it looks like it is marked 1926 (although I've never seen a "2" written that way, so I wonder if I'm looking at "9761" upside down):
 
Thanks for stopping by!  More vintage and diy can be found here:  


Creative Mondays, Vintage InspirationMake It Pretty Monday, Mod Vintage Life, Coastal Charm,  Penny Pinching Party, Feathered Nest FridaysJunkin JoeThriftasaurus

1 comment: